125 total views, 1 views today
If you have completed your studies and want to live, study and work in Australia, then, apply for the Visa Subclass 485 right now. This particular visa allows you to live, study and work in Australia even after the completion of your studies. This particular visa consists of two individual streams i.e. the Graduate Work stream and Post-Study Work Stream. Each of these visa streams requires you to meet a different set of criteria altogether. The duration of your stay in Australia will also change according to the type of visa stream you have chosen. So, given below are some of the essential requirements which you need to meet if you also want to apply for the visa subclass 485 in a successful manner.
What are the documents required for the Visa Subclass 485 ?
If you want to apply for the visa subclass 485 successfully, some of the documents which you need to submit essentially are as follows:
- Documents which prove your academic and professional qualifications
- Documents that prove that you enjoy a reasonably sound health
- Documents that prove your identity as authentic. This includes the applicant’s two recent passport-sized photographs
- A valid application form via which you will apply for your visa subclass 485
However, it would be best if you have a look at the Document Checklist Tool before applying for the concerned visa. Therein you will get complete information about the types of documents that you need to submit while applying for the visa subclass 485.
Where to submit your application?
After your visa application gets over, you need to submit that to the Department of Home Affairs. Besides, you also need to make the payment for your student visa in the proper and expected way. If you do make an authentic payment for your visa, you may end up facing an abrupt refusal/cancellation of your visa application.
As you already know that the visa subclass 500 has got two individual streams i.e. the Post-Study Workstream and the Graduate Works stream. But, the set of eligibility criteria for both the streams are the same and can be considered as follows:
- You should not have any of your previous visas refused/canceled
- You should not owe any sort of debt to the Australian government, and, in case, you have one, you must have cleared it by now before applying for the visa subclass 485
- You should sign the Australian values statement only if you are 18 years old and not less than that
- You must have met all the character requirements in the proper and expected way
- You must have met all the health requirements in the proper and expected way as a part of the visa application
- You must be the holder of substantial health insurance of Australia to apply for the visa subclass 485 effectively
- You must be the holder of a valid passport
- You must have qualified in a substantial English language assessment test, and, if you qualify in that successfully, it will be proved that you possess a reasonable understanding in the English language, hence, you can apply for your student visa successfully
- While applying for the 485 Subclass Visa, you need to be the holder of any of these visas like the Bridging Visa A or Bridging B or else you won’t be able to apply for this particular visa
- You must be under 50 years of age to apply for this particular visa
Apart from these eligibility criteria, you also need to meet the concerned study requirements to apply for the visa subclass 485. This requires you to complete a valid study program from a reputed Australian academic institution including a duration of at least 2 years or more than one study program, the duration of which comes to 2 years in total.
Types of Visa Streams
As already told above that there are primarily two types of visa streams comprising the visa subclass 485, so, now, it’s time to get a clear idea about what these visa streams are all about and what purposes each of them serves.
Post-Study Work Stream: This visa stream allows you to stay in Australia for 2 to 4 years depending on your current academic qualifications. It also allows you to work in Australia and you can also bring your family members during your entire stay in Australia. The cost of this visa stream is AUD1, 650 and not more than that.
Graduate Work Stream: The Graduate Work Stream of visa subclass 485 allows the applicant to stay in Australia for the next 18 months. This visa stream also allows you to work in Australia and you need to have a substantial qualification that is relevant to the skilled occupation list of Australia. It also allows you to bring your family members along with you. When it comes to the cost of this particular visa stream, it also costs AUD1,650 just like the Post-Study Work Stream.
Remember that the course of study which you have chosen must be categorized under the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) list or else you won’t be able to apply for the visa subclass 485 Australia in any way.
You can work for a full-time job
If you have applied for the graduate visa stream, then, you can work for a full-time job during your entire stay in Australia. Once your visa expires and you wish to continue living and working in Australia, you need to apply separately for a different visa category.
Get the assistance of an Immigration agent Perth
When applying for the visa subclass, you need to remember that professional help can make the entire visa application process quite easy and simple for you. So, before applying, you must get in touch with a competent Immigration agent Perth who can guide you in the best possible way. Your migration agent is skilled enough to give you beneficial ideas and advice to ensure a smooth and hassle-free visa application procedure for you.