We live in a time where there are several factors that make us lose our sleep. Whether it is stress, anxiety, or any other problem. The only thing that ensures you get a good night’s sleep is your mattress. But the main question is what is the right kind of mattress for you?
There are different types of mattresses and each mattress has its own characteristics. In this article, we will discuss the types of mattresses and factors you should consider before you buy one for yourself.
How old is your mattress?
If your mattress is more than 8 years old, it is time to find a new mattress. However, this rule does not apply to all types of mattresses. But if you are not getting enough sleep or waking in the middle of the night due to pain in the neck or back, you should start looking for a new mattress immediately.
What type of mattress do you need?
There are 5 different types of mattresses available. Choosing a type of mattress depends on your personal preference. Here, we have broken down the most commonly used mattress and for whom they are suitable.
- Memory Foam: This mattress is known for providing pressure relief, body contouring, and great back support. It is designed with cooling properties, which makes it suitable for hot sleepers.
- Latex: As the name suggests, this mattress is made from latex foam. It is known for its bounce, responsiveness, cooling, and comfort. This mattress is ideal for people who want to stay from body contour provided by the memory foam.
- Pillow Top: This mattress provides extra comfort and cushion to the sleeper. This type of mattress has a layer that is filled soft material in its covers, which provides extra cushion to the sleeper
- Spring mattress: Commonly known as coil mattress. It has multiple layers of spring coils that provide support to the body. It is suitable for people who want extra bounce, feel, and edge support.
- Hybrids: Made using a combination of different types of mattresses to maximize bounce, comfort, and cooling. It also provides great pressure relief. This type of mattress is best for the majority of people.
What is your budget?
The budget dictates every shopping decision. Mattresses are not cheap, so it is important to set a budget before you even start looking for a mattress. This will help you in narrowing down the list of mattresses available in your budget. This makes it easy for you to choose a mattress that comes under your budget.
What firmness do you need?
People usually get confused between the support and the firmness of a mattress. The firmness of a mattress means, how hard or soft a mattress feels. This depends on a lot of factors such as your body size, weight, type, and more. The support means a mattress that keeps your spine align without creating any pressure point. If your mattress fails to provide adequate support to the body, you will most likely wake up with pain in the back.
What position do you sleep in?
There are three different types of sleeping positions, side, back, and stomach. Each sleeping position has its own needs and requires an ideal firmness level.
People who sleep on their side constantly change their sleeping position and leg movement. Because of this constant change, side sleepers need a mattress that provides a soft to medium level of firmness. This type of mattress relieves pressure points on your back and neck.
Side sleepers also require a mattress that is soft enough to contour according to the curves of their body. A hard mattress won’t contour to the shape, resulting in severe pain in the neck and lower back because of a lack of support.
Back sleepers need both firmness and support. A soft mattress creates pressure points by not providing enough push back. Plus, if the mattress fails to provide support to the sleeper, then their spine alignment will be off, which results in severe back and neck pain.
Stomach sleepers need a mattress that can provide an equal amount of support to the body. The torso of the sleeper applies most pressure on the mattress and the middle part of the body sinks to deep, it will create a curve in the spine, causing a lot of back pain. Stomach sleepers need to be flat while sleeping. So, for this reason, they require a mattress that has hard firmness.
Choosing the right mattress is not an easy task. If you want to enjoy peaceful and painless sleep, make sure you remember these points before you Order Mattresses In Uae.
1,263 total views, 3 views today