Medical tourism is when someone chooses to travel outside their country, in search of affordable, quality medical care. It also happens to be one of the fastest-growing global industries. In 2016, it was valued at $100 billion and is expected to experience 25 percent year-by-year growth by the year 2025. In an era of soaring medical costs, it is saving health care consumers lots of money and providing them with the care they so desperately need.
Why it is getting so popular in India?
For ages, India has been world-renowned for its rich ancestry, dynamic culture, and warm hospitality, making it a must-visit destination for many global travelers. But in recent times, the tourism sector of the country is witnessing the progression of a new trajectory—medical tourism. It is formally a promising sector for India, poised to reach USD 9 billion by the year 2020.
Now the question arises why India for medical tourism when you have options like the united states and many more. Here are some of the major factors supplementing the robust expansion of medical tourism in India :
- Affordability: India is one of the most affordable countries. It offers a low cost of treatment when compared to the first world countries like the US and UK. It is generally about a tenth of the costs in the US and other medical destinations like Thailand.
- Immediate access: immediate attention to health concerns is one of the huge reasons why people of other countries choose India as their health partner. Surgeries are done almost immediately and without any waiting lines.
- Ease and convenience: As everything comes under one roof through medical tourism, people do not need to worry about transportation, lodging, medical facilities, and so on individually. Also, getting Visas for medical purposes is much easier than ever.
- World-class doctors: India has a strong base of qualified and skilled doctors who have spent a considerable time of their study and/or practice abroad and are in sync with the latest technologies and procedures to be able to provide the same in India. Every surgeon dealing with international patients is knowledgeable, skilled, and professionally trained. Therefore, patients are attracted to Medical Tourism in India with the widely skilled and acclaimed doctors present in the sub-continent.
- Post-health recovery: In India, we provide the patient with various post-retreatment recoveries in terms of Ayurveda, naturopathy, and yoga. Such natural therapies that believe in holistic wellness through the elimination of toxic imbalances are increasingly being accepted globally.
- No language barrier: Language is not a barrier in India anymore. We have a populace of good English-speaking doctors, guides, and medical staff which makes it easier for the foreign tourists to correlate well with Indian doctors.
So to conclude, India is one of the leading contributors in terms of the technology, convenience to Western countries building the trust the Indian Doctors and being one of the most economic countries to stay and with tons and tons of the tourist destinations with one of the cheapest yet effective medical facilities is making India one of the best Medical Tourism Destination.
514 total views, 6 views today